fettle is the UK’s fastest growing bike repair and service business. Part of the JustPark family, fettle was set up with the ambition to provide city wide networks of service locations across the whole of the UK. Our mission is to repurpose under-utilised spaces (warehouses, shops, car parks) so that we can offer a convenient place for bicycles of all forms to be serviced and repaired. Today, there are too few places for repairs and this problem will grow as more people use the trusty bicycle.
We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling and care deeply about helping people to travel around inner-cities without harming the environment. Having successfully opened several London locations, we have big plans! The business is in hyper growth so this is a rare opportunity to join from the beginning and help shape our future.
Cyclists using the fettle service will have access to:
- Super-Convenient, Central Locations: As our network of locations grows we will provide full city coverage.
- Handy Collection Service: We believe customers want convenience and if that means we need to collect and drop off the bike, we will.
- Smooth, Simple Technology: As well as being into our bikes we are also tech geeks and believe we have the right knowledge to build an awesome platform which is easy for cyclists to use and helps mechanics work smartly and efficiently
- Quality Services: Not only are our mechanics the best in-class, we are a friendly company who is obsessed with giving our customers unbeatable services using great new technology
About The Role
If you are a friendly, driven mechanic who enjoys helping customers and loves fixing bikes even more, then we would love to talk to you. You will be comfortable helping us solve problems (big and small) and will be very process-driven. Your daily work will have a huge impact on fettle’s success, and as we grow, there will be room for you to progress into various areas.
Whilst our workshops are all currently in London, our aspirations are to grow very quickly nationwide, so if you are based elsewhere in the UK please still get in touch - we are open to helping mechanics relocate to London temporarily before we expand to other cities.
You can expect to...
- Spend each day fixing customer’s bicycles to the highest standard
- Identify & sell bicycle parts needed for repairs, making our customers’ bikes purr
- Ensure that your workshop is kept in tip-top shape
- Have an unwavering customer focus, bringing in new customers and looking after the ones we have!
- Provide input on how we can improve - when you can see a better or smarter way of doing something, we’d expect you to help us make it happen
- At least 2 years experience working as a mechanic
- Experience handling, ordering & selling stock
- A passion for cycling
- Comfortable using online technology
- A problem solving mindset with a resilient & determined nature
- A can-do attitude for working in different seasons & environments
- Eligibility to work in the UK
We would love it if you have...
- Cytech or equivalent qualifications
- A full UK driving license
As a fettle mechanic, you’ll get:
- A really competitive salary, to reward you for your hard work
- Access to our bonus scheme, so that we can share the fruits of your labour with you
- Training opportunities in bike repair and new bike technology, so that you can keep up to speed with exciting developments in the bike world.
- Trade prices on bike parts from the day you start, to keep your own bike going for a better price
We have created an interview process that is quick and easy, helping us to get to know you and vice versa. Once you’ve applied, you can expect us to arrange a quick phone call with you if we feel you have the right profile. Next, we will ask you to come into one of our workshops to meet the team and show us what you can do! If all goes well, you can expect an offer very shortly after.
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like a bit of you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email with your CV and an answer to these 3 questions:
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What excites you about fettle?
- Given a blank canvas, what changes would you like to make to the bicycle repair industry?