We’re here to reinvent repair and put the ‘service’ back into bike servicing, for all types of rider. We have designed the business around cyclists, by making bike repair modern, accessible, convenient and hassle-free.
Only 2 years old, we are the UK's most progressive and fastest growing repair network. We have big plans and are just getting started. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around cities in a sustainable way.
In early-2020 we started a collect and return service, collecting bicycles from our customers houses, servicing them at our workshop and delivering them back. It’s gone from strength to strength and we’re now looking for a full-time, permanent driver to not only be captain of our cracking new van, but to also have the ability to oversee this service.
When our collections customers don’t see our wonderful mechanics, their only interaction with us is when their bike is collected and delivered back. It’s important we find someone who is warm and personable, and can represent the friendly, faff-free service fettle offers during this interaction.
Based out of our Finsbury Park workshop*, working 9.30 - 6.30 Monday to Friday, you will be responsible for our collect and return service. Driving our van to deliver and collect bicycles from our customers’ houses, you’ll be the face fettle, shaping our customers' experience with us.
As the weather gets warmer, we’ll be recruiting a second driver on a temporary contract to fill an evening shift. At this point, our driver will finish driving an hour earlier each day, using the remaining time to make the route for the following day, for both themself and the second driver.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with experience in customer service, looking to join a young and fast growing business. We’re really looking for someone who wants to own this area of the business and will report to our operations director with ideas on how the collections service can be improved and optimised.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Collecting and delivering bicycles
- Designing the van route for both yourself
- Taking care to ensure bikes are wrapped properly and protected in transit
- Providing a first class service when interacting with customers
- Reporting any maintenance issues required with our van
- You have a full clean driving license
- You are aged 21+ (to comply with insurance requirements)
- You have a friendly and warm disposition - you’ll be the face of our company for our collections customers.
- You feel comfortable driving a large van around London.
- You are a proactive problem solver who is always looking to improve things
- Working knowledge of bicycles would be a real bonus
At fettle you will get:
- A genuine opportunity for rapid professional growth and professional freedom
- A salary that is competitive
- Stock options - we want you to feel like an owner of the company
- Team discount on bike servicing, repairs and parts!