We’re here to ‘reinvent repair’ and put the service back into bike servicing, for all types of rider.
Part of the JustPark family, we designed the business around the rider by making bike repair easy, accessible, simple, convenient and hassle-free. Only 18 months old, we’re the UK’s most progressive and fastest growing repair network for micro mobility. We have big plans and are just getting started. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around cities without harming the environment. So, if you have what it takes to help us deliver extraordinary service, zero faff, then read on..
18 months old, expanding fast, and with huge growth plans, fettle is on a roll. We now seek an experienced but hands-on marketer to drive the brand’s marketing efforts within Greater London (and across the UK in line with our workshop opening plans).
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our marketing strategy & execution across all paid (paid media etc), owned (web, social, CRM, physical retail etc), and earned channels (PR, partnerships, etc)
Working collaboratively with the Marketing Manager, the Ops team and the local workshops leads, you will have overall responsibility for creating marketing plans and executing activities / campaigns that drive awareness, consideration, conversion and repeat purchase against pre-defined KPIs.
While officially a ‘HQ’ London-based role, we envisage the successful candidate to spend a great deal of their time within the communities in which we operate - looking for opportunities, brainstorming with the workshop & ops teams, planning activations, corralling support, making stuff happen.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual who has an uncanny knack of unlocking opportunities through a combination of hustle, creativity and tenacity. Reporting into the CEO, you need to be incredibly self-starting and able to work very autonomously. Agile in your approach you will be solutions-oriented and quickly able to pivot when market conditions necessitate a change of approach - all the while ensuring our marketing is performing at an optimum level to achieve our KPIs while also bringing flair, creativity and fun to all our marketing output. This remit really is yours to shape.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading & managing a newly formed marketing team; consisting of a marketing manager and in-house designer, and allocating responsibilities across this team that plays to individual strengths.
- Managing and directing external agencies (Performance Marketing agency, PR agency, Web agency)
- Calendar planning integrated marketing activities across our 4x key audience segments.
- Supporting the development of our plans for Brand Partnerships, influencer engagement, athlete & event sponsorship.
- Tracking, measuring and reporting performance against KPIs
- You will be the hands-on social media lead (increasing followers & engagement through content generation & community mgt)
- You will be the hands-on local marketing lead, defining local experiential activities and working with local workshop leads to help administer these on the ground.
- 3-5 years experience in brand, product or event marketing (either agency or client side)
- Some experience leading a team; you see yourself as a custodian for team engagement and an able manager or performance
- A track record of creating marketing plans & campaigns that have driven customer acquisition.
- Deep experience in digital marketing as well as experience across earned and owned channels.
- Dogged, determined, never say die attitude. Versatile, restless, energetic, can-doer.
- Creative problem solver with excellent communication and influencing skills
- A collaborative team player – concerned with team success as well as individual performance.
- A keen eye for good social, and the ability to be ‘always on’ to spot content ideas to raise our ‘social game’.
- You will be results orientated and commercially savvy.
- Able to go beyond the brief to surprise and delight
- An enjoyment of cycling will certainly not be a hindrance
At fettle you will get:
- A genuine opportunity for rapid professional growth and professional freedom
- A salary that is competitive
- Stock Options - we want you to be feel like an owner of the company
- A fun, collaborative and flexible working environment in a values-driven company
- Team discount on bike servicing, repairs and parts!
We have created an interview process that is quick and easy, helping us to get to know you and visa versa. Once you’ve applied, you can expect us to arrange a quick phone call with you if we feel you have the right profile. Next, we will ask you to carry out a quick task to get a feel for your creativity, before arranging a final stage interview with some members of our Management Team.
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like a bit of you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email with your CV, and a cover letter that answers the following questions.
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What excites you most about fettle?