We’re here to ‘reinvent repair’ and put the service back into bike servicing, for all types of rider. We have designed the business around cyclists by making bike repair modern, accessible, convenient and hassle-free.
Only 2 years old, we’re the UK’s most progressive and fastest growing repair network. We have big plans, and off the back of our recent crowdfunding round of £1.3million, we are just getting started. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around cities without harming the environment. So, if you have what it takes to help us deliver extraordinary service, zero faff, then read on...
About the role
The successful candidate will be in-house tech employee number 1 and responsible for leading our Product & Development strategy & execution across all channels. Working collaboratively with stakeholders across the business including the CEO, Marketing Manager, Ops team, local Worksop Managers, customers and external agencies, you will have overall responsibility for how all of our systems work together and how they are experienced by the end-user.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial, problem solver who loves putting themselves into the shoes of others and using tech to make their lives easier. Reporting into the CEO, you need to be incredibly self-starting and able to work very autonomously. Agile in your approach you will be solutions-oriented & end-user focused. The remit really is yours to shape.
HQ is located in London but the role can be remote. The team work flexibly with some days in an office in North London, some within the workshops and the rest from home.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Building out a product roadmap that drives value for the business - both internally and externally
- Developing new software solutions to meet the business needs, including designing client-side and server-side architecture
- Leading on all technical integrations between internal and externally-facing software
- Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications
- Full budget responsibility for all things tech & software
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software - owning the whole bug reporting process
- Creating security and data protection measures
- Managing external agencies who own & develop software for us
- Tracking, measuring and reporting performance against self-determined KPIs
- Writing technical documentation
- Working with stakeholders to improve software
- 3 years experience working as a full-stack developer writing clean, functional code
- Experience building both mobile & web applications
- Knowledge of multiple front-end and back-end technologies
- Familiarity with setting up and managing databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Understanding of web servers and basic cloud experience (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) is desirable
- Prior involvement in UI / UX design when creating tech-solutions
- Experience mapping out customer journeys
- It's a real bonus if you’ve been tech employee no 1 in a business before
At fettle you will get:
- Generous stock options - we want you to be feel like an owner of the company
- A genuine opportunity for disrupting an outdated industry
- A salary that is competitive
- A fun, collaborative and flexible working environment in a values-driven company
- Team discount on bike servicing, repairs and parts!
- Knowledge that you’re helping contribute towards a world of greener travel.
We have created an interview process that helps us to get to know you and vice versa. Once you’ve applied, you can expect us to arrange a quick phone call with you if we feel you have the right profile. The second stage is a video call with our CEO and a developer, taking a look at your experience through more of a technical lens. The third stage would be a task and a face-to-face interview with a couple of members of our Management Team.
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like a bit of you, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email with your CV, and a cover letter that answers the following questions.
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What excites you most about fettle?