Products and services (the 'Products and Services') are supplied by us subject to the following terms and conditions and it is important that you read these before contracting with us so that you understand your rights and obligations.
1. Contracting Party By placing an order ('Order') you will be entering into a legally binding contract with Fettle Bike Repair Limited (company registration number 12121730; VAT number GB 329294674 ), whose registered office address is Dunn’s Hat Factory, 106-110 Kentish Town Road, London NW1 9PX trading as Fettle (Fettle' 'We' 'Us', 'Our') for the supply the Products and Services. 2. How To Contact Us a) email at email@example.com b) call Customer Care on 0203 488 1130 c) write to us at our head office: Fettle Bike Repair Ltd, 106-110 Kentish Town Road, London NW1 9PX
3. Quote Acceptance (Online Quoting)
a) Acceptance of your Quote will take place when it has been sent to you by Us online and approved by you. At this point a contract will come into existence between you and Us. b) If there is concern that there is an attempt to approve a Quote dishonestly, fraudulently, by impersonating someone else or by attempting to use payment details which have been stolen, We will make additional checks and if appropriate involve external authorities.
4. Collection or Delivery - Access to your Bike
You must be present with your bike at the address listed and at the time specified within the Booking. You must provide Us with free and prompt access to your bike to enable Us to carry out the collection. The same applies to booked deliveries. If we are unable to park our Collection/Delivery Vehicle legally near to the Collection/Delivery point we request that the bike is brought to /received from our Driver. If for whatever valid reason you are unable to do this then please provide us with instructions in the Collection/Delivery field in your booking.
5. Movement of Online Bookings
Appointments can be rescheduled to an alternative date (subject to availability) provided one clear working day is allowed between rescheduling and the original appointment.
6. Supply and Service Performance Dates
a) Any dates for supply of the Products and/or performance of the Services are estimates and whilst We will always try to meet those dates We will not be liable for any minor delays or failures. In particular, We will not be liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including but not limited to, adverse weather conditions, staff illness or a general market shortage of particular Products.
a) Website purchases of Products and Services may only be made by residents of, and/or individuals, located in the United Kingdom b) All Services ordered or booked on the website are either carried out at one of Our workshops in the UK.
8. Specification of Products and Services
a) All Products supplied will correspond with any specification provided by Us and be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. We may, after the date of the contract, make reasonable changes to the specification of any Products or Services where that is required to ensure compliance with any applicable law or code of practice and/or where those changes do not result in any reduction to the standard, quality or performance of the Products or Services in question or otherwise place you at any disadvantage. b) All Services will be performed by Us using all reasonable skill, care and diligence.
a) The price of the Products and/or Services is for retail customers only, inclusive of VAT and will be the pounds sterling price stated on your Order. b) Our website contains a large number of Products and Services and it is always possible that, despite Our best efforts, some of the Products and/or Services listed on this website are incorrectly priced. We verify the prices included in your Order to Us as part of Our processing procedures so that, where Products and/or Services are incorrectly priced We may, at Our discretion, either contact you for your instructions in relation to your Order or reject your Order and notify you of such rejection. c) We reserve the right, before the relevant contract is formed in accordance with these terms and conditions, to change the price of the Products and Services. d) We shall be entitled to adjust the price payable by you to reflect any changes which are made to the rate of VAT between the point of Order and the completion of the work.
a) All quotations are valid for 7 days from the date of issue, unless they include a specific promotional offer which has an earlier expiry date. The expiry date of promotional offers will be clearly marked. b) Once Services have started you will be informed immediately of any additional work identified. A new digital quotation will be produced on request and additional work will only be carried out with your agreement.
Payment in full is required on completion of the work and prior to removal of the bike. An Exception to this is the Klarna payment option.
12. Ownership of Products
All Products supplied remain Our property until paid for by you in full although this retention of ownership will not affect any claim which We may have against you for the payment of any overdue amount.
13. Removal of PartsWith the exception of warranty and service exchange parts, removed parts will be disposed of by Us. Disposal will be in accordance with current environmental regulations and legislative requirements. A fee may be charged for this service.
a) The guarantees provided by Us apply from the date of original purchase. b) Guarantees are not transferable and only apply to the person who made the original purchase. Please ensure you retain your invoice, as proof of purchase is necessary before work can be carried out under the guarantees. c) All Our guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights. d) You must notify Us of any guarantee claim as soon as reasonably possible after becoming aware of the fault or issue in question. Take your bike or part to any of Our workshops together with your guarantee, your original receipt and any other digital paperwork provided to you. Please be sure to keep your original digital paperwork safe as a failure to produce this could impact on your ability to claim.
15. Suspension of Work
If We suspend or delay the supply of any Products and/or the performance of any Services at your request or as a direct result of any breach by you of your obligations under this contract (for example, in the case of a collection service, where you have failed to provide the correct address details, or you are not present at the address listed and at the time specified within the Order) then in addition to the original price payable by you, We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable additional amount to cover any unavoidable, or irrecoverable costs and/or expenses incurred by Us as a direct result of its suspension or delay in those circumstances.
16. Storage Charges
Storage charges will be payable to Us in relation to any abandoned bikes or bikes not collected from Us for a period of 14 days following completion of the work undertaken by Us on that bike. Any bike left with Us for more than 90 days due to either non-payment of an Order or not collected for other reasons will be donated to our preferred bike recycle charity.We will try to make contact with you 3 times either by phone or email before this applies.
17. Liability for Damage to Products
Once any Products have been supplied you will become liable for any loss or damage to those Products unless such loss or damage was caused by Us.
18. Liability for Structural Defects
We will not be liable for any damage to your bike which is caused as a direct result of structural defects or weaknesses unless that damage is caused as a direct result of a breach of Our obligations in this contract.
19. Our Responsibility for Death or Personal Injury
We accept full responsibility for any death or personal injury which may be caused: as a result of Our negligence; by any breach of its obligations under this contract; and/or as a result of any other act or omission on Our part and none of the limitations on Our liability set out in this contract will apply to claims for death or personal injury for which We are responsible.
20. Our other Responsibilities to You
a) If We breach any of Our obligations owed to you then We accept responsibility for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a direct result of Our breach and which was reasonably foreseeable on the date of the Order. b) We do not though accept any responsibility for loss or damage which is not caused as a direct result of a breach by Us of Our obligations (including liability for any loss of earnings) or which was not reasonably foreseeable on the date of the Order. c) We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to the extent that it is caused as a direct result of you breaching any of your obligations under this contract and/or due to circumstances beyond Our reasonable control.
We are under a legal duty to supply Products and Services that are in conformity with the contract. If you have a complaint and/or are not satisfied with the Products or Services you have been supplied with, please contact Our Customer Care department using the contact details provided above.
22. Allowing Us the Opportunity to Put Things Right
a) If you suffer any loss or damage for which We are responsible then you must afford Us a reasonable opportunity to remedy the problem and you must take reasonable steps to minimise or avoid any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of Our breach of contract. b) We will not be responsible for any loss or damage if you fail to afford Us a reasonable opportunity to put it right and/or which could have been avoided or minimised by you taking reasonable steps which you failed to take.
23. Termination Due to Delay
a) You have the right to terminate your contract without reason and at no cost at any time before actual supply of the Products and/or performance of the Services and during a limited period following supply and/or performance – the cancellation terms are listed in clause 26 and set out full details of these rights and how you can exercise them. b) If We fail to supply the Products and/or complete the performance of the Services by any dates agreed with you then, provided that the delay is not as a direct result of any breach by you of any of your obligations under this contract (such as you failing to allow Us access to your vehicle, in the case of a mobile service booking) and/or due to circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, you may request in writing that We complete all supply of Products and/or performance of Services within a further reasonable time period. If We then fail to complete all supply of Products and performance of Services within the reasonable time period specified by you, you will then have the option to terminate this contract due to Our breach.
24. Contract Termination
a) Unless terminated earlier in accordance with its provisions, this contract will automatically terminate on the last day of the applicable guarantee period. b) Any termination of this contract will not affect any claim, cause of action or liability which may have arisen before the date of termination.
25. How To End Your Contract
Phone or email. Call customer care on 0203 488 1130 or email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide your name, home address, details of the Order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
26. Cancellations and Refunds
a) For Services: you can cancel this contract during a “cooling-off period” of up to 14 days after the day on which We accept your Order. b) For Products: you can cancel this contract during a “cooling-off period” of up to 14 days after the day on which the Products have been supplied. c) By entering into this contract, you agree that We can on your request start work before your cooling-off period ends in which case you may lose the right to cancel. d) If you decide to cancel this contract after We have started the supply of Products and Services to you We reserve the right to charge you for any Products or Services supplied. e) We will refund you the price you paid for the Products including any applicable costs (including but not limited to necessary delivery and handling costs), by the method you used for payment.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names that appear on this website are proprietary to Fettle Bike Repair Limited, companies within its group, or other respective owners. Trademarks should not be copied without Our prior written permission.
28. Data Protection
Only you and Us shall be entitled to enforce this contract. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of the terms, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
a) If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will still continue in force. b) Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. c) If any court or relevant authority decides that any of the terms or paragraphs are unlawful, the remaining terms and paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
We may assign or sub-contract some or all of Our rights and obligations under this contract from time to time but any such assignment or sub-contracting will only be in circumstances which do not prejudice your rights under this contract.
32. Variations to these Terms & Conditions
Other than in the limited circumstances detailed in these terms and conditions where We may make certain unilateral changes, any variation to these terms and conditions will only be valid if agreed between you and Us in writing.
33. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions, together with any documents referred to or incorporated into it constitute the entire agreement between you and Us and supersede all prior communications and proposals.
34. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products and Services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products and Services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Products and Services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Terms of Website Use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What is in these Terms?These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.fettle.cc (our site).
1. Who We Are and How to Contact Us
3. We May Make Changes to These Terms We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 11/11/22
4. We May Make Changes to Our Site We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
8. Do Not Rely on Information on this Site 8.1 The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. 8.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
9. Links to Other Websites 9.1 Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. 9.2 We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and so any use of those sites is at your own risk.
10. User-Generated Content Is Not Approved By Us 10.1 This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values. 10.2 If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com
11. Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage Suffered By You 11.1 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. 11.2 Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale (above). 11.3 Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. 11.4 If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
12. We Are Not Responsible for Viruses and You Must Not Introduce Them 12.1 We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. 12.2 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. 12.3 You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
13. Rules About Linking to Our Site 13.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. 13.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. 13.3 You must not establish a link to our site on any website that is not owned by you. 13.4 Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. 13.5 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. 13.6 If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Our Trademarks Are Registered 15.1 All trademarks, service marks, and trade names that appear on this website are proprietary to Fettle Bike Repair Limited, companies within its group, or other respective owners. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.