It may be boring, but it's important. Please take a look at our policies below & feel free to reach out if you have any questions, we'd be happy to help.
2. If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch and we will do our best to answer your questions. 3. Personal information collected and use of this information.
4. Core Account Data - although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a member of the Service, or make a booking. We will collect the following data:
5. Email - we’ll send emails to you about your bookings and the fettle. service. We won’t share your email with third parties.
6. Photo - if you upload a photo, we provide it to mechanics so they can identify your bicycle and we use it to start assessing the work required
7. IP Address - this is used by us and some of our third-party providers to identify your device in the provision of our service. It is also used for fraud checks and to ensure a secure product. 8. Payment method - payment method details you provide (including name, email address and sometimes address) are sent directly to PCI-compliant third party payment providers. They are not stored on Handlebars servers and Handlebars employees do not have access to these details.
9. Booking history - we store a history of where and when you’ve booked services to make repeat use faster and easier for you, and in interest of your and our accounting purposes.
10. Phone number - we store this so mechanics can contact you about your bicycle. We may contact you via phone should there be any issues with your bookings or account or for research purposes.
11. Reviews - if you choose to leave a review for your repairs or servicing, this will be shown to other cyclists considering booking (only showing your first name and the initial of your last name).
12. Location data - if you choose to enable location services, we will occasionally store your location services data to improve our location selections. You can stop this data from being stored by turning off your location services.
13. Third party CRM tools - we send the following data to GDPR compliant Customer Relationship Management tools so that we can communicate with you: name, email, phone number and your customer support messages.
14. Administering your booking - fettle. customer support workers may view the above data (aside from sensitive payment method details) when administering your booking.
15. Other use of this information
16. We may notify you of certain offers and new products, subject to you giving your consent to do so. You can opt-out of this use at any time by updating your preferences on our website.
17. We may use this information in order to:
18. make general improvements to our Service;
19. analyse how customers are making use of the Service; 20. We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
21. For users domiciled in the UK, we may use third party suppliers to provide part of our service to you. In some circumstances these providers may be based in countries outside the European Economic Area whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under UK Law. In such circumstances we will have in place strict contractual arrangements that will require your information is processed securely, at least to a standard equivalent to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
22. Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
23. Cookies - When you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer.
25. Storing details about your site preferences (for instance, where you are based);
26. Storing details about any properties or listings you have viewed;
27. Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
29. Right to erasure (also known as ‘right to be forgotten’)
30. You have the right to erase your data from our systems. This can be done by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
31. Data retention
32. After consenting to us using your data as described in this policy, we will retain it on our system for as long as we deem to be a period within which you may return to use your account. This varies from individual to individual depending on account activity. After that period we will close your account and delete your data in line with this policy.
33. You can remove your personal data from Fettle at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
34. Other Sites
35. If you’ve managed to get this far, you’ve got way better endurance then we have. Drop us an email at email@example.com to redeem a little surprise.
36. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
37. In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
38. Transferring your information outside of Europe for UK users
40. If you use the Site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
41. Further questions 42. If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org